Friday 21 July 2017

Strolling hand in hand

¡Hola!

Con el calor, no siempre apetece salir de casa, y hace unos días hacía demasiado calor como para aventurarse fuera con dos niños pequeños a cuestas. Así que, aprovechando que los peques estaban ocupados viendo una peli, saqué el material de scrapbooking y me puse manos a la obra.



When it's really hot you don't always feel like leaving the house, and some days ago, it was too hot to venture outside with two small children in tow. So, seeing as they were too busy watching a film, I took my scrapbooking kit out and rolled up my sleeves.

Unos días antes me había pasado por Scrapbookpasion y me había comprado varias cositas que tenía ganas de probar. Aparte de eso, había visto varios vídeotutoriales del canal de YouTube de Scrapeando con Rocío, y mi amiga Antonia, de Cáscara de Papel, me había regalado un precioso cuadro hecho por ella misma y que podéis ver en su blog con fecha del 29 de junio. Me sentía empoderada e inspirada para trabajar.



Some days before, I had made an order from Scrapbookpasion, and I wanted to try some of my new things. Apart from this, I'd watched some videotutorials on Scrapeando con Rocío's YouTube channel, and my friend Antonia, owner of the Cáscara de Papel blog, had made a beautiful layout for me, which she published on her blog on the 29th of June. I was feeling empowered and inspired. 

Elegí una foto del día de mi boda, y como quería un aire romántico y suave, usé papeles de tonos muy claros de las colecciones Nyhavn y Coffee in the Arbour the Maja Design. Esta vez iba a usar solo una foto, así que consulté varios page maps, y acabé decidiéndome por uno en el que sugieren cubrir la mitad del layout con una capa de papel, y los adornos se distribuyen de forma más o menos uniforme por el resto de la composición.



I chose a picture from my wedding photo shoot. I was after a soft, romantic look, so I used delicate patterns from Maja Design's Nyhavn and Coffee in the Arbour collections. I was only going to use one picture, so I checked some page maps and went for one where half of the layout is covered by a second layer, and the ornaments are distributed more or less evenly on the rest of the project.



Este es el resultado final. En lugar de cubrir la mitad de la base con un papel distinto, cubrí un cuarto con papel y el otro cuarto, con una plantilla de TCW. Utilicé acentos amarillos y verdes para coordinarlos con los colores de la fotografía.


This is the final result. Instead of covering half of the page with paper, I only covered one quarter, using a stencil from TCW for the other quarter. I used yellow and green colour accents to match the shades in the picture. 



El stencil es de TCW by Gabrielle Pollacco. Las flores, de Flora Doodles, Dixi Crafts y Paperblooms by Kaisercraft. Los chipboards, con gesso y tinta Distress Ink en Vintage Photo y gotas de Liquid Pearls en Silver Pearl, son de Kora Projects. He descubierto que la tinta acaba cambiando el color del Liquid Pearl, y lo hace doradillo. De todos modos, no me ha gustado mucho cómo quedan estos chipboards. La próxima vez, haré algo distinto con ellos.



The stencil is part of Gabrielle Pollacco's collection for TCW. The flowers are from Flora Doodles, Dixi Crafts and Paperblooms by Kaisercraft. The chipboards, from Kora Projects, have been covered with gesso paste and Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, with small Liquid Pearls in Silver. I've discovered that the ink runs into the liquid pearl, turning the silver into gold. I wasn't very keen on these particular chipboards. I'll do something different with them next time.



Utilicé gasa en la parte inferior para aportar textura. También puse varios sellos en el papel de base.


I used some gauze underneath to add texture. I also stamped a little bit on the base.



Hice un rasgado en este papel, y entinté los bordes para envejecerlo un poco. Hay gotitas de Liquid Pearl, y una flor de Flora Doodles.


I tore the upper layer a little bit, and used Distress Ink to age it. There are some Liquid Pearls on the sides, and a Flora Doodles flower.



El título está recortado de la tira inferior de un papel de la colección Nyhavn que no he utilizado en este layout. Resalté el corazón con Liquid Pearls. La flor es de Dixi Crafts, y la perla adhesiva, del bazar local.

The title was cut from the bottom strip from a different sheet in the Nyhavn collection, which I haven't used in this project. I highlighted the heart using Liquid Pearls. The flower is from Dixi Crafts, and the sticky pearl, from my local bargain store.



Aquí se aprecia un sello que puse sobre el papel de base y la capa superior. Esta está cortada a mano; me hubiera gustado tener una troqueladora de bordes. Otra vez será. La flor, Paper Blooms de Kaisercraft.



You can see another stamp on both papers. The upper layer was cut by hand. I wish I had a die cutter for the edges. Maybe next time! The flower is from Kaisercraft.



Aquí tenemos el detalle del stencil de TCW. Me asusté un poco al principio, porque el papel se arrugó un poco y pensé que iba a quedar fatal, pero cuando se secó, quedó bien. Puse el sello encima pensando que se iba a ver un poco menos. Tengo que hacerme con más colores para los sellos; tanto marroncito acaba cansando un poco.



You can see the TCW stencil in some detail here. I got a little fright at the start because the paper started crumpling and I thought it would look awful, but it was all fine once dry. I stamped on top thinking it would be less obvious. I really should get more colours for stamping! I'm getting a bit tired of so much copper...

Después de terminar este layout, me siento algo más cómoda haciendo scrap. Todavía me queda muchísimo por aprender y mejorar. Hay mucha gente experta en este mundillo, todos con sus blogs y sus cuentas de Instagram, y lo bueno es que se puede aprender muchísimo de todos ellos. Yo acabo de empezar. 

After finishing this layout, I feel more comfortable with scrapbooking. I still have lots to learn and to improve. There are a lot of experts in scrapbooking, all of them running blogs and Instagram accounts, and the good thing is that you can learn a lot from them. I, on the other hand, have just begun.

Podéis dejar comentarios en la parte de abajo. ¡Gracias por entrar en el blog!

You can leave any comments below. Thanks for popping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment